Thursday, January 29, 2009

March of Dimes-march for babies



I am sure many if not everyone is familiar with the march of dimes and what an incredible charitable organization they are. Many may already know that march of dimes has also become march for babies. I am proud to say that this non-profit charity has become one very close to my heart. I was very fortunate to be born with a very healthy baby despite the one obstacle we had to overcome shortly after his arrival and that was Tyce was in need of surgery. Though we knew the outcome would be positive and non- life threatening, what first time parent wants to start out with that on their mind. Going through that process, being at the hospital, recovery & then back again for one more surgery was hard but was just as hard to see all those little angels that were hanging on for dear life and knew nothing else. It really broke us to know that prayer was all we could offer all of them at the time. The march of dimes-march for babies does just that & more. They allow so many of those little angels to go home with their parents something that many take for granted. It is a way to give back and know that you are part of the reason that little one you see made it home safe and sound. The kickoff this year has started and we will be walking this year again. I am proud to be Team Captain for Team New Mom's. I have included my link if you would like to donate and support me in this walk. I also have plush beenie babies of all varieties available as well if you are interested rather than making a pledge, either are welcomed. If you would like to join my team just let me know and we can get you signed up. It requires no more than a big heart, love for children and a little bit of your time to give a lifetime of happiness to a deserving little angel. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I would love to have you join and ask for your support.

http://www.marchforbabies.org/goodwin3